Friday, May 21, 2010

7 years and counting

So my little sister graduates from High School tomorrow and I am excited and proud and freaked out. I am old. She and I are 7 years apart so that means it has been 7 years since I graduated from High School. Whew! Where does the time go?

It made me think though...I'm really proud of what I've done since then. The Mentalist was on last night (the rerun not the season finale) and it was about a 15 year class reunion. Patrick Jane (who is hot and intuitive soooo...super hot!)made the observation that the majority of people were trying to be someone they weren't. Fake hair, boobs, stories, etc. But I don't think I would feel compelled to be that way. I have stayed close to my family, my good friends, I have a wonderful job, an amazing boyfriend, my relationship with Jesus is better than ever, I have a car that has a working glove box (woop woop, Kristen), I've done mission work every summer since graduation. I finally got out of GCCCCCC lol. My life isn't perfect and I've also done some things that I am NOT PROUD of, but overall I am proud of who I am now. I must say that it is 100% because I've tried to follow God's plan for my life and not my own. My plan didn't involve Chipley or leaving Musical Theatre or living apart from my family - it involved a priest, a soldier and musician. And no that's not a joke setup, it was a VERY flawed plan. But I've gotten so much more and so much better than my plan. That is the awesomeness of Jesus.

So no matter how long it's been, what is something you've done since High School graduation that you're most proud of?

2 comments:

Lauren and Chad Rogers said...

in about 3 weeks i will be able to post on here thats its finally graduating college : ) woo hoo!.....so lets say for now it's reading all 4.5 twilight books 2.5 times....lol just kidding, it's gotta be the ability to quote every single line in how to lose a guy with you and steph without even having to have the movie on. lol

Stephanie said...

I've seen that episode!

I personally have 2 years til my reunion ... so am trying to hurry up and get this pregnant show on the road so I can pop out the next two babies before then and get lipo so I can get back down to my size 0 jeans and then get my belly fat cut out and made into DD boobs all in 2 years ... is that too fake? Should I just go for a full C?