Monday, July 19, 2010

Quarter of a Century...

So...yeah. I am going to be 25 in a mere two weeks. It's crazy to type! :)And although after this year I'm prone to more "mature" things such as

- comfortable shoes, which means they have a 2 inch rubber sole and medicated in-step...but the beads on top are really cute. Not an excuse.

- stupid "national best friends week" forwards. Although I don't think you start sending those til 30+.

- Pleated pants...ugghh...I think those only come after babies.

- circling a new age group on church visitor's cards. Goodbye 18-24!!

I will try to maintain some youthful-ness. Unfortunately, my wish lists equal that of a 75 year old already. I've always been practical. socks...duck tape...a water filter. Give me things I can use. Not a precious moments figurine. Really? I've been told this makes it difficult to buy gifts for me. So I've compiled the following list for guidance. :)

(In no particular order)
1. Quarters. Since moving to my new complex, I use their laundry room. There have been some moments of desperation where I trade co-workers my 2 dimes and a nickel. EVERY QUARTER MATTERS.

2. An electric toothbrush.

3. Pretty Rain Boots. They are cute and I live on the (oil-tainted) gulf. And hurricane season started last month.

4. Flowers at work...ok. This is not the most practical, but it is the COOLEST thing to get called down to reception for flowers. And it's one of those dreams every girl wants but feels weird asking  for. Prideful? Maybe. Worth it? Yes.

5. Clue. Yes, the board game. I already own the brilliant movie. I ask for this EVERY year. It is literally 15 dollars at Wal Mart. I want the original but I will also (obviously) accept The Office version.

6. A massage. Writing 3 grants, driving an hour to church to deal with church people as a worship leader, my apartment flooding, my boyfriend being miles and miles away, these are all valid reasons for a massage.

7. That new Trip Lee fire. OR Hillsong's Faith+Hope+Love. You can't really call Hillsong "fire". And if you don't know ebonics, none of this will make sense.

8. Anything home-made. It takes effort. One of the most priceless gifts.

9. Gift Certificates to: Hobby Lobby, Target, Pier 1 or Chick Fil A.

10. Stuff Christians Like by Jonathan Acuff. I am a HUGE fan of his blog and can't wait to read the book. Although I have waited this long so...I guess that's not completely true. I am capable of waiting. I just don't want to anymore.

Hopefully this is helpful. If not, I will post bad gift ideas later on in the week.

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Ken- you get the flowers and massage gift card (and maybe a plane ticket while you are at it?)
Lauren- we can do homemade and electric toothbrush.
Courtney and other siblings- I don't speak or understand ebonics so that's all you!
How does that sound? We gotta leave a few things left for others to buy, right?;)

Anonymous said...

Christians like side hugs. - Diana Bradford

Anonymous said...

Please know, "you are not alone”. Sorry to hear about your break up! You deserve the best and he wasn't the best. You are much better then K! He wasn't as great as you think. He was a selfish phony. The minute you settle for less than you deserve, you get even less than what you settled for. Letting go doesn’t mean giving up, but rather accepting that there are things that cannot be. Think about any attachments that are depleting your emotional reserves. Consider letting them go. Some think it's holding on that makes one strong; sometimes it's letting go. <3 <3 <3

Anonymous said...

All sorts of collectible figurines, [url=http://allcollectiblefigurines.com/deals/Homco+Figurine/]Homco Figurine[/url], [url=http://allcollectiblefigurines.com/deals/Man+Figurine/]Man Figurine[/url], [url=http://allcollectiblefigurines.com/deals/Elephant+Figurine/]Elephant Figurine[/url], [url=http://allcollectiblefigurines.com/deals/Christmas Angel/]Christmas Angel[/url], [url=http://allcollectiblefigurines.com/deals/House+Figurine/]House Figurine[/url], [url=http://allcollectiblefigurines.com/deals/Easter+Figurine/]Easter Figurine[/url].

Holly Amber said...

Can I just tell you that I love you a lot! =-) you so make me smile! I was looking at my last post (I've matured...a little). I litterally edited stuff I wrote over a year ago.

But yours..... lol... u crack me up.