Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Overwhelming Me...

Those two words pertain to a lot in my life right now. I realized that I have some new blog readers who may not know much about what I have currently going on. Here is an update. Overwhelming me refers to...

1. The name of a song my brother (Wendell) wrote. When dad preached at my church this Sunday we sang it during the alter call. It is about being compelled and overwhelmed by the presence of God. Awesome stuff. My family is the world to me and I am so happy to be able to share the realtionship and heart for ministry that we have. We're crazy...but we're fun.

2. How I've felt at work lately. I've been the only person in my grant for about 2 years now, but this cycle (January 09-June 09) has been a bit more challenging to me. I like challenges, so I'm not discouraged - I'm just overwhelmed at times. The people I work with only see me as an educator, not a budget manager, data analyzer, etc. I know God will give me the grace to handle it...its just a lot to handle.

3. Kenneth Gordon. Its a good name, right? :) He is more than just a boyfriend. He is an opportunity for me to be a part of something for me. As a recovering people pleaser, I've been in several relationships that literally drained me. But Ken adds value and challenge and trust and self-esteem & humor to my life. I have been blessed with wonderful friends who do this as well, BUT I don't get to kiss them. :) I am overhwelmed at the fact that he chose me.

4. My friends! Holy cow, I am soooooooooo blessed. Lauren listens to my silly stories no matter how long they last. Steph drove 50 miles to be with me and my family on a really important day. Kristen prays dilligently for me...when she has the most challenging schedule and work load of her own. Coy gives advice like a pro...how is she so smart? Morgan is one of the FEW who truly understands the "Chipley Factor". God knows exactly what I need right now and he's put people in place for me to share and laugh and cry and stalk with. Ovewhelming!

5. God uses me?! Are you sure God? Don't you know how messed up I am? That I've lied and been unfauthful to you and done the complete opposite of things I should have done. But yet I talk to students who want to follow my example and church members who felt your presence because you used me. Prayers...silent prayers in my heart have been answered on the behalf of others. I don't deserve all of this, but Thank you.

Whew!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Ah, the outline ... what would we do without it=)