Monday, December 21, 2009

Gone are the days...



...I've mentioned this to Steph before...and maybe L, but one of the things I miss most when this time of year comes around is working at Family Christian Stores. We would serve wassail, Matt would play the only song on the Christmas CD that I hated over and over, there were pretty bags hanging behind us. It was hectic at times, but there was always something that I loved about being there. I LOVED being able to say Merry Christmas. I loved helping people find that one thing that they REALLY needed. Most of all, I loved when we would have staff parties at George's house and Steph would get me things made of cotton...or that smelled like cotton...never got old.

I know its silly to mention retail this time of year. Of course the season is all about Jesus. But I guess I miss being able to work retail with that in mind. Praying for people, helping people, smiling and saying Merry Christmas. I miss it. And in my office I only get to say it to myself. :) And all of you. Merry Christmas!

6 comments:

Lauren and Chad Rogers said...

i saw three ships come sailing in....... : )

yeah come work retail real quick this week and you won't miss it : ) trust me i've had enough crazies for all three of us in the last few days!

Diana said...

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas! Thanks for stalking my blog! : )

+mb said...

I miss that time too! Wasn't a huge fan of decorating the store for Christmas in the middle of September though...

I loved our staff parties too, especially the one where you smacked your head on a table or something... always with the smooth moves...

I'm pretty sure, in about 50 years, someone is going to come across the "FCS 25 Christmas Songs" CD that you lodged into the abyss in a fit of rage...

Hope you all had a Merry Christmas! Miss ya'll!

Holly Amber said...

last time I checked, you owed me a flippin' email... love ya!!

Stephanie said...

OK, mom would cry if she knew how to work her laptop and knew how to get on the internet and find your blog ... I just might have to call her and read it to her over the phone. Those were good times ... then everyone left me by myself at FCS ... until Thad came to rescue me.

Stephanie said...

By the way, this year I saw three ships sink ...