Wednesday, June 20, 2007

What goes around...

OK so who gets to coordinate a wedding for her X-boyfriend's cousin? I do! Pick me. You know I am seriously thinking about submitting my diary to Steven Speilberg as a potential movie script. My life is insanely ironic. Steph suggested that I name my first child "Irony" or "Ironi"! I don't know, maybe a middle name. :) He (the X) is now married and his wife is pregnant. I'm happy for him and sympathetic for her...! No thats not nice...I'm sure they are happy together in their happy little house in their happy little neighborhood with their happy little marriage and their happy little FETUS!!!!! Sorry... :) I'm not bitter I just don't know if I can handle any more marriages and babies (in that order preferrably). Its getting to the point where my girls who I thought would be the last to get married have suddenly found themselves in serious dating relationships. So I don't know if that puts me behind schedule or way ahead of it. I mean I'm happy where I am, and I KNOW I am way to OCD to have a male living with me and leaving the toilet seat up at the moment. I think its just the fact that everyone is expereincing things that I'm not. That is a little frustrating. Then its worse when the engaged girl says "Oh honey, just trust God. He'll bring you your husband." No offense, but that is like a millionare walking past a beggar and saying "Hey keep up the good work"! Its just not that encouraging. I'm totally happy for all of my married friends, I just wish their lives didn't put pressure on me to be where they are?!? Ya know? Would somebody notify the social police that there is nothing wrong with being almost 22 and single with a good house and job no debt and Jesus?!? Wow...random tangent. I wish I didn't sound so bitter...I'm not, I just wish I had been better prepared for this time in my life. But Jesus knows this and he's got me. I Just have to remind myself of that-every day! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope I'm not one of those "married" friends putting pressure on you. I'm not going to tell you oh honey God will bring you a man! He will send him down from the clouds wrapped in gold!" But do keep in mind that I am 23 still living with my parents! I am so proud of you for living on your own and being able to support yourself! I never could do that ... I'm going from depending on mommy and daddy to depending on my husband. Enjoy this time because its the only time you get to yourself=)